February 17, 2017 | Events, Industry Insights
ATA Carnet Workshop: Understanding Temporary Imports & Exports with the ATA Carnet
Carnets: What Are They? How Do I Use One?
We invite you to join us for an ATA Carnet Workshop at the Holiday Inn in Torrance, CA on February 23, 2017 from 8:30a – 11a.
An ATA Carnet is an international customs document that provides duty-free customs clearance for temporary imports and exports into over 100 countries. ATA Carnet simplifies temporary entry by eliminating the need to post a temporary import bond or file a duty drawback. Virtually all goods, whether hand carried or cargo-shipped, may be covered by ATA Carnets. This informative workshop, led by Amanda Barlow, Vice President, ATA Carnet, will cover:
- USCBP clearance of both U.S and foreign ATA Carnets to ensure the proper execution of the ATA Carnet for your customers
- How to avoid the misuse of an ATA Carnet and how to resolve any errors before they become a Customs claim, including the right color coded pages and dealing with erroneous stamps
- Best practices to mitigate a Customs claim from USCBP or foreign Customs
- Managing split shipments, partial shipments and transit operations
- Replacing lost or stolen documents and managing theft of the goods while on ATA Carnet
- ATA Carnet country specific requirements and nuances
- Extending the validity period beyond the first year
- Dealing with the sale of goods while entered on an ATA Carnet
- Understand the basics of Lost Document Coverage and Carnet Cargo Insurance
- The latest exemption status and interpretation for both ISF and EEI filings
- How to add ATA Carnet to your suite of services to grow your customer relationships
This workshop has been approved for 2.5 CCS/CES Credits.