Accepts ATA Carnets for Commercial Samples, Professional Equipment, and Exhibitions and FairsApply Today
ATA Carnet Guarantee Association
Spanish Superior Council of Chambers of Commerce and Industry and Navigation
Ribera del Loria 12 28042 Madrid
Tel: (34.91) 590.6914
Fax: (34.91) 590.6908
Embassy in the US
Embassy of Spain
2375 Pennsylvania Ave NW Washington, DC 20037 USA
U.S. Commercial Service Export Assistance Spain Country Portal
Download the Spain Country Guide
ATA Carnet Specifics
Additional sets of counterfoil and vouchers are needed for Carnets entering the Canary Islands, Ceuta, and Melilla.
- As Canary Islands do not belong to the EU VAT Territory an extra set of white counterfoils/vouchers must be used.
- Since the end of 2013 ATA Carnets are being accepted by local authorities in Ceuta and Melilla without official confirmation from the local authorities.
- Both are autonomous territories located in the North Africa.
- To visit these cities, Holders will either go through Málaga or Cádiz by sea or Madrid or Málaga by plane.
- Ceuta and Melilla belong to EU but is not a part of the Customs Union territory.
- Ceuta and Melilla have their own taxes named IPSI; the rate is from 0.5% to 10% of the value declared.
- To travel between EU, including Spain, to and from Ceuta and Melilla, two sets of white counterfoil/voucher must be issued, one set for entry into Ceuta or Melilla and one set entry back to Spain or other EU countries.
- To visit both Ceuta and Melilla, two sets of white counterfoil/voucher must be issued each city.
SICUR: International Security, Safety and Fire Exhibition
GIROCÀMPING: Camping and Holiday Show
MOTOMADRID: Motorcycles Exhibition