Accepts ATA Carnets for Commercial Samples, Professional Equipment, and Exhibitions and FairsApply Today
ATA Carnet Specifics
Additional sets of counterfoil and vouchers are needed for Carnets entering the Canary Islands, Ceuta, and Melilla.
- As Canary Islands do not belong to the EU VAT Territory an extra set of white counterfoils/vouchers must be used.
- Since the end of 2013 ATA Carnets are being accepted by local authorities in Ceuta and Melilla without official confirmation from the local authorities.
- Both are autonomous territories located in the North Africa.
- To visit these cities, Holders will either go through Málaga or Cádiz by sea or Madrid or Málaga by plane.
- Ceuta and Melilla belong to EU but is not a part of the Customs Union territory.
- Ceuta and Melilla have their own taxes named IPSI; the rate is from 0.5% to 10% of the value declared.
- To travel between EU, including Spain, to and from Ceuta and Melilla, two sets of white counterfoil/voucher must be issued, one set for entry into Ceuta or Melilla and one set entry back to Spain or other EU countries.
- To visit both Ceuta and Melilla, two sets of white counterfoil/voucher must be issued each city.