Accepts ATA Carnets for Commercial Samples, Professional Equipment, and Exhibitions and FairsApply Today
ATA Carnet Specifics
To successfully enter Mexico with your Carnet, please be prepared with the following:
- Affix the checklist
- ATA Carnet must be registered for customs approval before arrival; allow at least 3 days before making an entry.
- The translation into Spanish may be required for the General List
- Typically limited to 6 months; extension until Carnet expiry is possible.
- Canaco official website: http://www.carnet-ata.org/index.php/servicios
- Canaco Carnet Registration site: carnet-ata.org
- To extend the Carnet to its expiry date after the initial stay of six months holders must complete the extension request in Spanish (Carta solicitud prorroga Carnet ATA)
- Upon submission of the online registration, a registration number will appear on the browser. Please refer this number when asked by Mexico customs at the time of entry.
- Mexico no longer sends Mexican customs approval via email.
- Canoco sends registration information to customs within 12-24 hours and it may take three days or more for customs to process the approval.
- Contact Canaco at (5255) 3685 2269 ext. 1301 for assistance.
Goods not allowed on Carnets into Mexico
- Ban entry of all vehicles except for cars with mounted film equipment.
- Vehicles used in a television commercial.