Accepts ATA Carnets for Commercial Samples, Professional Equipment, and Exhibitions and FairsApply Today
ATA Carnet Specifics
If the goods are unable to re-export within the validity of the Carnet contact your ATA Carnet Service Representative to obtain a Replacement Carnet. Replacements can be sent to customs via courier service to the address below.
Federal Customs Administration
Dienstabteilung St. Gallen
9014 St. Gallen
ATA Carnet Specifics:
- For ATA Carnet shipments entering Switzerland for a trade show exhibition, customs officials at the time of entry will usually validate a blue transit counterfoil and voucher to move the goods from the place of entry (airport or border crossing point) to the location of the fair.
- Upon entry to the event, a customs inspector will complete the transit by validating the second transit while at the same time, an importation certificate (white) will be validated to cover the goods while at the event.
- Upon departure, the reverse will occur Reexportation set (white) and a transit set (blue) will be validated to cover the goods while “in transit” from the event to the airport or border crossing point.
- At the port of export, the second transit must be validated to close out the transit operations.
- Failure to have the 2nd transit validated will likely result in a 50 250 CHF (Swiss Francs) regularization fee, approximately US $56 to $285 These rules only apply to Carnets entering as EF (Exhibitions and Fairs)