Accepts ATA Carnets for Commercial Samples, Professional Equipment, and Exhibitions and FairsApply Today
ATA Carnet Guarantee Association
Victorian Employers’ Chamber of Commerce and Industry (VECCI)
150 Collins Street, level 2 Melbourne , Victoria 3000
Tel: (613) 8662.5380
Fax: (61.3) 8662.5201
Embassy in the US
Embassy of Australia
1601 Massachusetts Ave NW Washington, DC 20036 USA
U.S. Commercial Service Export Assistance Australia Country Portal
Download the Australia Country Guide
ATA Carnet Specifics
Australia Customs does accept private road vehicles to enter on an ATA Carnet. However, the Holder or their representative must provide the following:
- A vehicle registration which is valid for the duration of the visit.
- Holders must have a valid driver’s license.
- Detailed description on general list. Including brand, model, color, year and a vehicle Identification number (VIN).
- Maximum duration is 12 months; may restrict date of final re-expiration.
- May require additional information: inspections by RTA (Roads and Traffic Authority), FORS ( Federal Office of Road Safety), and AQIS (Australian Quarantine Inspection Service), or to secure UVP (Unregistered Vehicle Permit)
- Will allow Motorcycles as “Professional Equipment” unless the owner makes his/her living as a professional motorcycle rider
JAA AUSTRALIAN JEWELLERY FAIR: Australian Fashion Jewelry
LNG: International Conference and Exhibition on Liquefied Natural Gas
ADELAIDE FITNESS EXPO: Fitness Expo