Accepts ATA Carnets for Commercial Samples, Professional Equipment, and Exhibitions and FairsApply Today
ATA Carnet Specifics
Australia Customs does accept private road vehicles to enter on an ATA Carnet. However, the Holder or their representative must provide the following:
- A vehicle registration which is valid for the duration of the visit.
- Holders must have a valid driver’s license.
- Detailed description on general list. Including brand, model, color, year and a vehicle Identification number (VIN).
- Maximum duration is 12 months; may restrict date of final re-expiration.
- May require additional information: inspections by RTA (Roads and Traffic Authority), FORS ( Federal Office of Road Safety), and AQIS (Australian Quarantine Inspection Service), or to secure UVP (Unregistered Vehicle Permit)
- Will allow Motorcycles as “Professional Equipment” unless the owner makes his/her living as a professional motorcycle rider